After reading about Ipsy on many social media sites and thinking about signing up for several months, I finally gave in to myself and signed up. Since then, I’ve received 3 bags- October, November, and January. Overall, I think that it was a very good experience. In each bag, I have found at least a few products that I liked. I was also very impressed by the quality of the items I was sent and I believe that some of them may have even been full sized. Unfortunately, I am not as interested in makeup and finding new products anymore so Ipsy was not the best subscription box for me. However, in this post, I’m still going to go over two of my favorite products from each month that I received the box.
- Method to the Madness Lip Gloss – Trust Fund Beauty: While this lip gloss doesn’t look quite like the Trust Fund Beauty site claims, it is a very pretty color that matched my skin tone very nicely. I thought it was easy to apply and it didn’t feel like I was coating my lips in it. I don’t think I would personally buy the full size once I run out of this color, but it isn’t a bad one to test and to have just to try. (January 2017)
- GEOLOGY Top Coat – Ciaté London: Personally, I don’t wear much nail polish on my fingernails, only my toes, but when I say that this top coat makes me want to paint my fingernails more often, I am being completely serious. This top coat is extremely easy to apply and adds a brilliant shine to the polish. (January 2017)
- Better than Sex Mascara – Too Faced: I have really struggled to find a good mascara for awhile so when I received this mascara in my November bag, I was very excited. I had heard a lot of good things about this specific product and was looking forward to trying it. Since trying it, it has become my go-to mascara for everything. I absolutely love it and would totally recommend! (November 2016)
- Ghost Oil – Verb: I have really staticky hair, making winter months really really tough. This product, however, has made my life so much easier. I will say that it makes my hair a little oily the day after, but it works really well for one day. A little can go a long way and I like to apply it to my hair when it is wet because then it seems to spread through my hair a lot easier. (November 2016)
- Hot Mama Blush – theBalm Cosmetics: This is my favorite makeup product that I own. It is the most beautiful color. Although I’m not normally a fan of products with any sort of sparkle in them, I have found that this blush has the perfect amount of sparkle. It’s so pretty, but it’s not crazy. It is incredibly easy to apply and, since receiving it, I haven’t used a single other blush. (October 2016)
- Nourishing Coconut Milk Facial Lotion – Promise Organic: This product was my absolute favorite for several months until I ran out of it. It has an amazing smell, very sweet and rather fruity. It never felt too heavy on my skin and it always made my skin feel very soft. The only reason I stopped using it is because I never got around to purchasing a full-size bottle. (October 2016)