Hello! Today I thought I would share the Banana Bread Muffin recipe that I used for My Mother’s Day Brunch this year. I have been making these muffins with my mom since I was little and they have been something that of family and friends always get excited to receive.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (can also use olive oil!!)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (use old bananas that no one will eat so you don’t have to throw them away)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and make a large hole in the center of the mixture.
- Combine the last three ingredients in another bowl and then add to the center of the dry mixture.
- Mix well.
- MUFFINS: Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 400°F for 18 minutes or until golden brown (yield: 1.5 dozen).
- BREAD: Pour batter into greased loafpan. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean (yield: depends on the size of loaf/loaves).